Accidents Happen

There is so many calls for performers, rigging and artists yet what happens if something fails? This is a topic that I myself am personally committed to but it should be a topic that dancers, event planners, hosts and anyone that does physical or high risk activities needs to be very aware of.

Fire-fly Inc. holds insurance on our products, our fabricator holds insurance on their work in producing our products so we are accountable. Our insurance is limited for anyone performing on or using our rigs that we sponsor for events so what does this mean for the people on them?

It is quite simple if the fault lies with our equipment or rigging we are covered and anyone involved is covered. However, if a dancer is injured as a result of something they do. Perhaps losing grip of a Lyra hoop and falling, Fire-fly Inc is not responsible. That is why short term performing insurance comes in. You will have injury coverage if you have an accident while performing.

Yet even further, what happens if the dancer loses balance and the rig topples into the audience. Fire-fly Inc insurance would not cover injury, but may cover damages to property. So it is wise for the event planner/host to carry insurance. This will cover injury and damage to the audience. Most places in business have insurance, but they will not be held responsible for an outside entertainer or show.

What happens if one of these people fail to have insurance, it could be disastrous. Causing no way to may medical bills or legal fees. Even business shutdown or failure. Fire-fly Performance Inc. highly recommends short term insurance. Its affordable, you don't have to pay for it all the time, just when you need it. Its short term and its being responsible for not only yourself but the people you work with but the public and patrons of your event.

So where do you get this insurance?

There is a company with offices in Calgary called PAL. You can go online to their website or you can go through an insurance broker to get all the coverage you need.

Before Fire-fly had our full time insurance in place we had a tradeshow to attend and an insurance broker introduced us to PAL and got us coverage for the tradeshow, product, employees and performers for 10 days it cost us under 80.00. It was a huge weight off our shoulders and a lifesaver.

Western Canada Contact:

1412-1 Street SW Calgary, AB T2R 0V8 Phone: 403-261-3900 Toll Free: 1-800-661-1608 Fax: 403-261-3903

Eastern Canada Contact:

2 Norfolk St. South Simcoe, Ontario N3Y 2V9 Phone: 519-428-7716 Toll Free: 1-800-265-8098 Fax: 519-428-5661


Insurance Broker that deals with PAL:

Pinks & Plates Insurance Services Ltd.

133 Main Street, Suite 100

Chestermere, Alberta T1X 1V3

#MadeInCanada #AerialDance #PerformanceArt #RopeSuspension #ChildrensFitness #UniqueFitness #Health

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
No tags yet.
Follow Us
™© Copyright